Grow Stronger, Healthier and More Engaged…As You Age
Healthy aging means more than developing an exercise routine and keeping up with doctors’ appointments, although these are, of course, contributing factors. Along with the physical aspects of a person’s wellness, the National Institute on Aging found that multiple research studies suggest a positive correlation between social interaction and good health, meaning that higher engagement with your community leads to a happier and healthier life.
We recognize the importance of a whole-person approach to wellness and ensures residents account for both physical and mental health through our wellness program, LivWell. Available at all Springpoint communities, LivWell is a holistic program offering opportunities for residents to stay actively engaged and prevent the adverse effects of aging. Whatever your passions may be, we’ll help you find the tools you need to achieve a healthy lifestyle.
A Wellness Program for Seniors Keeping YOU in Mind
Our award-winning senior wellness program provides a comprehensive approach to maintaining a healthy lifestyle through programs and amenities focused on each of the seven dimensions of wellness: physical, intellectual, emotional, social, environmental, spiritual and vocational.
- Physical wellness is about maintaining proper function of the body by taking part in regular exercise and eating a nutritious diet. Our communities offer fitness classes like chair yoga and cultural dance groups and provide healthy meals through numerous dining options.
- Intellectual wellness is achieved by keeping your brain engaged though continuing education opportunities or thoughtful games, such as guest series lectures and card games. A healthy and fit mind is at a lower risk for memory issues and cognitive decline.
- Emotional wellness focuses on a positive outlook on life, achieved by participating in activities that boost your mood and keep you connected to other members of your community. Programs like support groups allow for engagement with others, decreasing the risk for certain health conditions like depression.
- Social wellness comes from finding a support system in the people surrounding you. Weekly happy hours and themed dinners and celebrations are a few things Springpoint provides in order to keep social connections strong.
- Environmental wellness connects people to the world around them. Activities like recycling and gardening provide a sense of pride while also preserving and protecting the world.
- Spiritual wellness allows you to connect to your inner values and faith, making it easier to get through difficult times that come up in your life. On-site community chaplains and guided mediation sessions allow residents to gain a greater sense of purpose.
- Vocational wellness provides residents the opportunity to share their many talents and knowledge through mentoring, consulting or tutoring. On- and off-campus volunteering and creative workshops are just a few ways we provide a way to give back to your community.
Discover Senior Living Wellness at Springpoint
At Springpoint, our comprehensive, award-winning senior wellness program, LivWell, goes far beyond traditional senior living activities like fitness classes and Bingo. Recognized for innovation by LeadingAge New Jersey, our LivWell philosophy is “to provide the opportunity to engage in experiences which support a high quality of life, personal choice, lifelong development and an optimal sense of well-being.”The LivWell program’s advanced approach to whole person wellness is individualized, so you have the choice in how engaged you want to be within the community. As part of the new resident orientation, you create a unique profile that highlights your goals and interests. This profile allows you to focus on personal goals and make noticeable improvements in all seven dimensions of wellness.
Our entire LivWell staff undergoes specialized training and work hand-in-hand with residents to develop our programming, ensuring all residents enjoy an engaging, stimulating life full of activities that mean the most to them. The fact is people can grow stronger, healthier and more engaged in life at any age — it’s never too late!
How can the LivWell program benefit your health? Come visit us and find out! Contact us today to schedule a personal tour at any of our eight Life Plan communities and learn more about how health and wellness is woven into everyday lives.
You can also learn more about holistic wellness and our LivWell program by downloading our FREE guide: The 7 Dimensions of Wellness in Retirement. In this guide, we dig deep into holistic wellness, the 7 dimensions of wellness and what they mean, and Springpoint’s award-winning wellness program LivWell.