Don’t Wait – 5 Reasons to Move to a Life Plan Community (CCRC) Now
When it comes to the future, you most likely want to ensure you stay as healthy, safe and independent as possible, for as long as possible. And while it’s true that many seniors today are feeling younger and more active than ever, it’s important to be prepared for the changes that inevitably come as you continue down the path of aging.
Retirement is an exciting stage in your life. You have more time to go out and explore the world, or to simply relax and enjoy each day as it comes. And there’s no better way to enjoy life to the fullest extent than by choosing to move to a continuing care retirement community.
What is a Life Plan Community?
Maybe you’re well-aware of the continuing care retirement communities in your area, but you aren’t sure what that “continuum of care” really means. By definition alone, Life Plan communities, also known as CCRCs, must offer various levels of living options and health care services that allow residents to transition seamlessly throughout that continuum of care should their needs change.
For instance, you may choose to downsize your home and move into a more manageable living space, like a cottage, villa or apartment. Then, you’ll be ensured access to services like assisted living, memory support, skilled nursing care and rehabilitation without ever needing to step foot off campus. In other words, you’ll remain in the place you already call home, surrounded by your friends and neighbors, with no need to uproot your life for a second or third time.
Life at a Life Plan Community
If you’ve started thinking about moving to a Life Plan community, you’ve already taken the first important step in the process. However, a common thought among older adults is “I’m just not ready yet.” Here are five reasons to help you understand why making the move sooner rather than later could be extremely beneficial for your future:
- No more home maintenance. Tired of raking leaves, shoveling snow or fixing those leaky gutters? Frustrated with trying to find reliable and trustworthy home repairmen? Leave those tasks, which can even become dangerous to your health in your later years, to a team of helpful, caring professionals. With less time spent on home maintenance, you’ll have more time to focus on the activities you enjoy most.
- Secure your financial future. Life Plan communities are a wise plan for your future not only health-wise but financially, too. Your monthly service fee covers utility and property taxes, plus all the services and amenities that come along with the community lifestyle. With one monthly check, you’ll enjoy predictable payments to simplify managing your expenses. Plus, a portion of your monthly fee and entrance fee may qualify for inclusion on your income tax return as prepaid medical expenses.
- Improve your overall health and wellness. Life Plan communities understand the importance of helping residents stay happy, healthy and engaged in the world around them. You’ll find high-quality wellness programs that focus on many dimensions of well-being, including physical, social, emotional, intellectual, environmental, spiritual and vocational.
- Avoid the risk of social isolation. Staying socially active has a major impact on your health. In fact, studies have shown that seniors who continue to build and maintain relationships throughout their lives have better memory and cognition, and they decrease their risk for a variety of chronic conditions. You’ll find a variety of daily and weekly activities to choose from, all designed to keep you engaged with others who share your interests.
- Ease concerns of family members. It’s common for adult children to become the primary caregiver for an aging parent in their later years. Often, this takes a toll on not only the family relationship but also on the caregiver’s health. Moving to a Life Plan community helps ease the worries your children may have about your healthcare needs down the road, as they know they’ll be covered by the comprehensive continuum of care.
Engaging Retirement Living at Springpoint’s Life Plan Communities
You’ll find everything you need for a vibrant, enriching retirement lifestyle at our Springpoint Senior Living continuing care retirement communities in New Jersey and Delaware. Our residents thrive, enjoying spacious independent living options with all the upgrades, as well as access to a variety of services and amenities that make life easy.