Grow Stronger, Healthier and More Engaged…As You Age
Healthy aging means more than developing an exercise routine and keeping up with doctors’ appointments, although these are, of course, contributing factors. Along with the physical aspects of a person’s wellness, the National Institute on Aging found that multiple research studies suggest a positive correlation between social interaction and good health, meaning that higher engagement with your community leads to a happier and healthier life.
We recognize the importance of a whole-person approach to wellness and ensures residents account for both physical and mental health through our wellness program, LivWell. Available at all of our communities, LivWell is a holistic program, with a mission “to provide the opportunity to engage in experiences which support a high quality of life, personal choice, lifelong development and an optimal sense of well-being.” Opportunities are available for residents to stay actively engaged and prevent the adverse effects of aging.
Erwin Antlitz, a Crestwood Manor resident, is especially thankful for LivWell activities for keeping his time occupied. “It’s a fact, when you get bored you age faster. We’re never bored here,” he notes. Erwin and his friend work together in the workshop, one of the many amenities their community has to offer. Whatever your passions may be, we’ll help you find the tools you need to achieve a healthy lifestyle.
A Wellness Program for Seniors Keeping YOU in Mind
Our award-winning senior wellness program provides a comprehensive approach to maintaining a healthy lifestyle through programs and amenities focused on each of the seven dimensions of wellness: physical, intellectual, emotional, social, environmental, spiritual and vocational.
- Physical wellness is about maintaining proper function of the body by taking part in regular exercise and eating a nutritious diet. Our communities offer fitness classes like chair yoga and cultural dance groups and provide healthy meals through numerous dining options.
- Intellectual wellness is achieved by keeping your brain engaged through continuing education opportunities or thoughtful games, such as guest series lectures and card games. A healthy and fit mind is at a lower risk for memory issues and cognitive decline.
- Emotional wellness focuses on a positive outlook on life, achieved by participating in activities that boost your mood and keep you connected to other members of your community. Programs like support groups allow for engagement with others, decreasing the risk for certain health conditions like depression.
- Social wellness comes from finding a support system in the people surrounding you. Weekly happy hours and themed dinners and celebrations are a few things Springpoint Senior Living provides in order to keep social connections strong.
- Environmental wellness connects people to the world around them. Activities like recycling and gardening provide a sense of pride while also preserving and protecting the world.
- Spiritual wellness allows you to connect to your inner values and faith, making it easier to get through difficult times that come up in your life. On-site community chaplains and guided meditation sessions allow residents to gain a greater sense of purpose.
- Vocational wellness provides residents the opportunity to share their many talents and knowledge through mentoring, consulting or tutoring. On- and off-campus volunteering and creative workshops are just a few ways we provide a way to give back to your community.
As a new resident, you’ll be invited to create a profile using tools such as our Lifestyle Questionnaire to help ensure our trained staff takes your wants and needs into account when designing your unique program. LivWell is all about choice, which is a great benefit to our residents.
By approaching health through the LivWell program, we encourage wellness for seniors while keeping the individual in mind. For more information about holistic wellness offered at our communities, contact us today or download our LivWell brochure.