Pack Your Bags: Great Vacation Destinations for Seniors
Now that you’ve been retired for a while, what are you looking forward to the most? When asked, 70% of respondents in a Transamerica Institute survey said, “to travel.” Travel is exhilarating and filled with new experiences, something active seniors are looking for in their retirement years. Maybe you want to sip cocktails on a beach. Or explore a country you never had the time to visit during your working years. Whatever your dream destination may be, now is the time to go!
Not sure where you want to go on your adventure? We at Springpoint Senior Living pulled together a list of our favorite senior vacation ideas.
5 Remarkable Adventures Perfect for Seniors
- Relax in the Caribbean – Are you longing for a gorgeous, serene view of white sand and crystal-clear water. If so, you should look into Caribbean resorts, cruises and hotels that offer decadent, adults-only lodging. Check out the Travel Channel’s list of Top 10 Caribbean Beaches to find your perfect tropical getaway.
- Take a Road Trip – Although preparing for a road trip can take some work, once the route is planned and the bags are packed, it can be an incredibly rewarding experience. You’re can customize your trip to your exact preferences, making as many stops as you’d like. To get started, try using a tool like Rand McNally’s Trip Maker to find the perfect route for you. The entire country is at your disposal!
- Sail Away on a European River Cruise – See Europe in a whole new way with a scenic river cruise! With ships smaller than traditional ocean liners, river cruises are intimate experiences that explore inland waterways and dock in more central locations within Europe. River cruises also give you the opportunity to visit multiple countries in just a few days, without the hassle of planning for multiple hotels and modes of transportation.
- Immerse Yourself in a National Park – The United States National Park System consists of 419 areas covering more than 85 million acres. Visit the majestic trees of the Redwood Forrest or witness the dramatic geysers of Yellowstone. And don’t forget that The National Park Service offers a Senior Pass, so you’re able to see the beauty of our country at a discounted rate.
- See Your City in a New Light – Don’t want to go too far? Consider a “staycation” in your area! You now have the time to visit the museum you always wanted to see or try a new restaurant. Book a hotel, and explore your town with fresh, open eyes.
Learn About Active Retirement Living at Springpoint
Our Springpoint Senior Living residents are like-minded individuals wanting to explore the best in life. Contact us today and schedule a tour to experience life in one of our communities. Who knows, you could meet a new friend who wants to plan the next adventure with you!