Fall is a beautiful time of change – the air gets crisp, leaves turn to shades of red, orange and yellow, and we prepare for the winter ahead. Thankfully, there are plenty of fun activities to make the most of autumn while it’s here. Keep reading for a few of our favorite things to do in the fall.
6 Things to Do in the Fall
- Visit a pumpkin patch or apple orchard. Pumpkin patches and apple orchards are traditional fall hotspots where you’re able to enjoy a cup of cider, pick out your own pumpkin to carve and spend quality time with family and friends. Not only can you get in the seasonal spirit, but this also gives you an opportunity to get outside for some fresh air.
- Bake seasonal treats. Spending a fall afternoon in the kitchen crafting seasonal treats is fun whether you’re a novice baker or baking is one of your favorite hobbies. Pumpkin rolls, apple pie and run-glazed sweet potato cakes are just a few ideas of recipes you could try. If you’re still looking for inspiration, check out this list of 60+ easy fall desserts from Country Living.
- Schedule a family photoshoot. The stunning fall colors provide a beautiful backdrop for family photos. Search for a local photographer and schedule a time for the whole family to get together and create memories to cherish.
- Make fun fall crafts. Crafting is a great activity to enjoy yourself or to spend time with grandchildren. Some ideas of fall crafts include an autumn wreath, painting Halloween pumpkins and painting seasonal signs to hang up around your home.
- Curl up for a movie night. Light the fire, grab a warm cup of cider or hot chocolate and curl up in your favorite spot for a fall-themed movie night. Try a rom-com classic like When Harry Met Sally, Halloween special like It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, or even a scary movie like The Shining.
- Root for your favorite football team. There’s nothing quite like the traditional autumn Sunday watching football with loved ones while eating all sorts of tasty treats. Put a pot of chili on the stove, set out treats like chips and dip and take pleasure in a relaxing afternoon.
Find Fall Festive Activities at Springpoint Communities
Our Springpoint continuing care retirement communities encourage healthy aging and vibrant days, and one way we do this is by offering a full activity calendar. Though there are always activities such as exercise classes, card games and social gatherings on the calendars, we make sure to celebrate the season, as well. Some examples of fall activities we’ve hosted at our communities include Oktoberfest Happy Hours, trips to apple orchards, pumpkin picking, Halloween-themed exercise classes and making treat bags for local children.
Contact us today to learn more and schedule your personal tour at one of our CCRCs.